How to cook Beef Pares
Beef Pares Recipe. Why is this called Beef Pares? Pares literally means “Pair”, because this meat dish is best serve with a pair of garlic fried rice or Sinangag and beef soup. Beef Pares is one of the most famous street food, and you can find this in the Tap-Si-Logan carinderias in the Philippines.
Beef Pares is cooked in special blend of spices until perfectly tender, this Filipino dish is a sure hit to your family’s taste buds, give it try and let us know what you think.
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 1 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 medium size onion chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 pieces star anise
- sesame seeds or oil (optional)
- 1 – tsp flour (optional )
- sliced fried garlic as toppings (optional)
- sliced scallions
Beef Pares Cooking Instructions:
- Boil Beef brisket until tender about 1 1/2 hour depending on the thickness of the meat…preferably slow cooked, reserve the broth.
- Marinate the tender beef brisket on the marinade ingredients for 30 mins.
- Then Saute ginger, garlic and onion .. while doing this … drain the meat from its marinade… and saute for 5 to 10 mins… put the beef broth and let simmer.
- Put the remaining marinade and simmer for another 5 mins. Put the star anise… when the meat is very tender dissolve the flour in 1/4 cup water then mix this gradually to beef while stirring to avoid forming lumps. Do this only if u want it a bit more sticky sauce.
- Let simmer until flour taste is gone.
- Season according to ur taste. If u want it to be more sweet u can always add additional sugar .
- Garnish with sliced fried garlic and scallions the…
- Serve with Sinangag or Garlic rice
Related Filipino Recipes:
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe: