How to cook Banana Que
Banana Que also known as ‘Barbekyung Saging’ is a popular Philippine street food, you can always find Banana Que stalls outside school entrance because many Filipino students love this for their meryenda.
Banana Que is made from Saba bananas then deep fried and coated in caramelized brown sugar. It is usually skewered on a bamboo stick, and is sold on the streets. The skewer stick is just for ease of serving and eating.
Try this PinoyRecipe version of Banana Que Recipe and give us your feedback.
- 16 pcs. semi ripe or ripe Saba banana variety
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups Vegetable cooking oil
- large wok
- 8 pcs bamboo skewers
- 12 inches size Fry Skimmer Strainer or Colander
Banana Que Cooking Instructions:
- In a large wok at high flame heat cooking oil, when it is smoking hot, drop the bananas and fry for about 2 minutes or until they start to slightly brown.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and let it stand without stirring. When the sugar starts to caramelize, start stirring the bananas to have it coated with caramelized sugar.
- Continue frying, stirring several times to have the bananas fully coated with caramelized sugar. Turn the heat off once the bananas are cook through, do not overcook.
- Drain in Fry Skimmer Strainer or colander or deep bowl with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Skewer two bananas in a bamboo stick while they slightly cool down. Do the same for the rest of the bananas.
- Serve immediately with a soft drink.
Ready to serve Banana Que
Banana Que Recipe,
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Pinoy Grilled Scallops Recipe >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>