Send this Recipe to a Friend...
GD Star Rating
How to cook Adobong Sitaw
Adobong sitaw another mouth-watering Filipino dish. Adobong Sitaw is a combination of string beans and meat braised in soy sauce, vinegar, spices, and fat rendered from pork belly.
Adobong Sitaw Ingredients:
- 250 grams of ground lean pork
- 2 bunches of sitaw (string beans), cut into 2-inch lengths
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 onion or 2 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 c. of vinegar about
- 3 tbsps. of soy sauce
- 2 tbsps. of Canola cooking oil
- chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes for garnish (optional)
Adobong Sitaw Cooking Instructions:
- Place the ground pork, garlic, onion or shallots, ground pepper and bay leaf in a shallow cooking pan.
- Pour the Canola cooking oil over. Because of the leanness of the pork, I dont want the meat to turn dry so the purpose of adding cooking oil is to help it retain its succulence.
- Pour in the vinegar and cook over medium-high heat until the vinegar starts to boil.
- Stir, breaking up the meat.
- Pour in the soy sauce and stir well.
- Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the sitaw (string beans), stir, cover and simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the(string beans)sitaw is tender.
- The water from the sitaw, the natural juices of the pork, the vinegar and the soy sauce are usually enough to cook everything without the dish becoming too dry.
- If it looks like either the Sitaw or Pork meat is taking too long to cook, you can add about 1/4 cup of water.When both the pork and the sitaw are tender, transfer them to a serving plate.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Serve hot with Rice
Note: Red pepper flakes are available in the dried herbs section of most supermarkets.
Enjoy this Filipino Adobong Sitaw (String Bean Adobo) Recipe.
Adobong Sitaw Recipe (String Bean Adobo) ,
Tags: Adobong Sitaw
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipes:
Highly Recommended Filipino Recipe Books:
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>