How to cook Adobong Pusit or Squid Adobo
Filipino Adobong Pusit or Squid Adobo, is cooked along with the ink, so it resembles the spanish calamares en su tinta, but with a tangier flavour, especially when fresh chillies are added. Adobong pusit or Squid adobo recipe is another variant of the world famous Filipino Adobo.
Here’s a tip when cooking Adobong Pusit, make sure that you buy fresh squid, meaning no foul smell then cook it the same day you buy it.
Adobong Pusit Ingredients:
- 3/4 kilo Small sized Pusit (Squid)
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pcs. Cayenne Chili sliced (optional)
Adobong Pusit Cooking Instructions:
- Pull out head, tentacles, innards and transparent ribs from the body of the squid. (here’s how to clean the squid)
- Cut off tentacles just above the eyes and discard innards and transparent ribs.
- Wash and drain bodies and tentacles.
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic, vinegar, water, sugar and bay leaf.
- Marinate squids in this mixture for 1 hour. Drain. Save marinade
- Saute onions in hot oil.
- Add drained squids, saute until the juices evaporates (about 10-12 minutes).
- Strain marinade, add to sauted squids.
- Let simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Serve Hot with Rice.
Adobong Pusit Recipe ,
Filipino Recipes Portal Content is now Protected and Monitored by:
Please Recommend this Filipino Recipe:
Next - Filipino Spicy Gambas Recipe (Spicy Prawns) >>
Request a Filipino Recipe here>>>
Join PinoyRecipe.net's Monthly Giveaway Contest >>>